Are you starting out in the counselling field and wondering what are the steps to build a successful private practice?
Or do you already have a practice that you want to grow into a full-time business, but you’re not sure where to start?
Perhaps your therapy business has been busy in the past, but now it’s stalled, and you’re not sure what you need to do to attract more clients. Your referrals are drying up and what worked to get clients in the past is no longer working.
When your livelihood is at stake, it can be scary when the referrals stop coming in. Maybe your phone has stopped ringing, your expenses are mounting up and your anxiety is increasing. You know something has to change, but you’re not sure what or how.
I was struggling to get my business off the ground
I know what it’s like, because I was there. It was only a number of years ago I was barely making a living from my private practice and knew something had to change.
So I learned the specific marketing and business skills needed to create a successful private practice.
Through learning and applying proven marketing strategies, I was able to double my income within 6 months and quadruple my private practice income within 12 months. I went from the phone never ringing to having a wait-list and turning clients away.
I want to share these strategies and help other psychologists, therapists and counsellors like you, to help you build a thriving therapy business that brings you joy and satisfaction in years to come.
Times have changed
The business environment has changed and it continues to rapidly change. Now more than ever, people are turning to the Internet to find a counsellor or therapist. The general consensus is that 70% + of people go to the Internet to find mental health providers.
It’s now essential to have a strong brand, website and online presence to be able to attract clients and build your private practice.
If you’re interested in taking your private practice to the next level, join my Private Practice Success Coaching Group.
How does the private practice success coaching group work?
This will be a small coaching group that will be a safe, confidential and supportive environment for you to explore your blocks to business success, as well be challenged and held accountable to reach your goals.
Coaching in a group is a powerful and effective way to facilitate change and help you reach your individual business goals.
The group is time-limited and will run for 6 fortnightly sessions. Each group will have a theme and will include individual laser coaching with me, as well as time to answer all your marketing and technology questions.
Some of the topics we will cover include:
- Creating a WordPress website that is the hub of all marketing activities
- SEO– Search Engine Optimisation- how to improve the ranking of your website
- The power of blogging and writing as an effective marketing strategy
- How to overcome technophobia and harness technology to expand your reach and get your message out there
- How to use social media to ethically promote your private practice
- Email marketing, newsletters and the importance of list-building
- Link-building strategies: Inbound, outbound and internal linking for building your Google ranking
Each 90-minute session will have a combination of:
- Discussion of marketing strategies
- Individual laser coaching to help members identify and move through their blocks around marketing
- Time for individual private practice marketing questions
- Group input and feedback to promote accountability and support for making changes
- Review of websites, blogs and promotional materials
- Set homework and tasks for you to work on between the group sessions
This group is being kept small, between 6 and 8 members, so that each member can have time to work on their marketing issues and get the feedback and support that will facilitate change.
If this group sounds like it’s for you, here are the details:
UPDATE: The next coaching group commences on March 29, 2012. Please visit the registration page for more information and to reserve your seat.