For the next Therapy Works! blogging challenge, I want you to create video blog.
Watch the video below for instructions:
When it comes to a video blog, it’s important to keep it simple and easy so you get into the habit of publishing video on a regular basis.
Video blogging is powerful because it allows you to form a direct and immediate relationship with the viewer of you video. Your viewers can see your face and body, as well as hear your voice. This helps them feel closer to you than just reading the written word.
Here are some tips for creating a video blog:
- Just use your smartphone or video camera without a complex set up.
- Have good lighting and sound (clear audio is essential).
- Keep your video under 2 minutes long.
- If you want to add a visual intro or outro, you can outsource this to Fiverr.com
- Upload your video to YouTube.
- Embed your video into your blog post.
- Add written content in your blog post as well so Google can index your content.
- Share your video on social media.
How to embed a video into your blog
If you’re not sure how to embed a video into your WordPress blog, watch the video below.
Here are some ideas for what to post about:
- Share quick and helpful tips to solve a problem you ideal client struggles with (here’s an example of me sharing relationship tips).
- Do a virtual tour of your office with you narrating (clients love to see what your office looks like before they come in).
- Share your musings on an aspect of mental health related to your ideal clients.
- Comment on an issue that relates to your niche that is in the news at the moment.
- Create a welcome video for people coming to your blog or website for the first time.
Guidelines for sharing
Once you’ve completed your blog post, please share it in the comments section below so we can all read your challenge submission.
- If you’re joining the challenge late, you can see all the blog topics for the months you’ve missed on our website here.
- Please share your blog posts on Twitter when completed with the hashtag: #TherapyWorks! and mention @AUcounselling in your tweet so I can then share your blog posts on our social media accounts.
- When you’ve completed your blog, please add the title of your post and the URL to the comments of this post.
- There is a group pin board where we will pin all the posts related the challenge. Please follow the Australia Counselling Pinterest account so I can add you.
- Please share the blog posts of others and add comments to their blogs so we can all benefit from the power of the social web!
If you’ve landed on this page from social media and are not signed up for the 2014 blog challenge, you can do so here.