This month’s blog challenge is coming to you from the 2014 Problogger Conference on the Gold Coast, Queensland.
One of the main messages of the conference is about building a community through your blog.
By engaging with your community through your blog, you can build relationships with your readers and increase the loyalty, recognition and credibility of your blog and your brand.
There are number of ways you can invite your community to participate including:
- asking your community to fill in a short survey about what they need help with (Survey Monkey is a great free tool for doing this)
- use the responses from the survey to provide inspiration for fresh content
- hold a contest or competition on your blog that requires your readers to participate in some way
- write a controversial blog post and ask your readers to comment at the end
- write a post that is not comprehensive and needs your community to give their point of view on a topic in the comments.
When you ask for feedback on your blog, make sure you have a clear call to action at the end of your post so your readers know exactly what to do next.
Now it’s time to brainstorm to get ideas about how you can invite your community to participate on your blog and plan to write your blog in the next week.
And if you’re interested in following all the great tweets related to blogging from the conference, check out the #pbevent hashtags on Twitter or Instagram
Guidelines for sharing
Once you’ve completed your blog post, please share it in the comments section below so we can all read your challenge submission.
- If you’re joining the challenge late, you can see all the blog topics for the months you’ve missed on our website here.
- Please share your blog posts on Twitter when completed with the hashtag: #TherapyWorks! and mention @AUcounselling in your tweet so I can then share your blog posts on our social media accounts.
- When you’ve completed your blog, please add the title of your post and the URL to the comments of this post.
- There is a group pin board where we will pin all the posts related the challenge. Please follow the Australia Counselling Pinterest account so I can add you.
- Please share the blog posts of others and add comments to their blogs so we can all benefit from the power of the social web!
If you’ve landed on this page from social media and are not signed up for the 2014 blog challenge, you can do so here.