Eating Disorder Essentials Online Course
ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course provides a solid foundation to enable you to successfully recognise and treat a range of eating disorders. This comprehensive eating disorders course is in line with the latest thinking from a range of psychological approaches. You will learn practical and effective skills that will enable you to engage with clients and offer them constructive help to recover from their eating disorder. You may also contribute your own expertise as this course provides opportunities to share experience and make discoveries.
The Eating Disorder Essentials training course is suitable for anyone who is likely to encounter eating disorders in their work. This might include counsellors, psychologists, psychotherapists, addiction specialists, life coaches, doctors, psychiatrists, nutritionists, nurses and social workers at all levels of experience and qualification.
YOU WILL LEARN
- How to distinguish an eating disorder from disordered eating
- To understand and motivate people with eating disorders
- How to assess and conceptualise each disorder
- How to build a comprehensive treatment plan
- Prioritising treatment strategies for over and under eaters
- How to encourage and sustain change
- The effects of dietary chaos on mood and physiology
- Micro skills from traditional and newer therapies
- How to deal with emotional eating and cravings
- How to manage resistance and relapse
- Body image, media and historical influences
- How eating disorders affect men
AFTER THE COURSE
Health professionals who complete the Eating Disorder Essentials training can become an ACFED Approved practitioner.
You can choose to be included on our database and receive referrals via our website.
Your work in the field of eating disorders will be in demand, and may increase your profitability if you are in private practice and/or may increase your future employment prospects.
ACFED approved practitioners will be able to use our logo to promote their skills, and they will receive referrals, regular network newsletters and offers.
This course can also be taken in addition to our Psychological Approaches for Clients with Weight Concerns course and our Practical Skills for Eating Disorders to elevate you to Silver or Gold ACFED Approved Practitioner status.
Full name: Kyla Holley
Phone number: 02 6652 8554
Location or address of event: Online
Start/finish date: Online content and case study to be completed by 31st December 2020
Website URL: www.acfed.com.au