How do I become a member of Australia Counselling?
The Australia Counselling sign up process is very easy:
- Read about the benefits of membership here.
- Click on GET ACCESS NOW button on that page.
- Make your payment with your credit card or with PayPal.
- You will then receive our Welcome Package in your inbox with further information regarding your membership.
What do I do after I sign up?
After you sign up log into the community:
- Go to http://community.australiacounselling.com.au to log into the community and access your resources and meet our other members
- Please watch the welcome video on the top ways to get value from the community.
- Please introduce yourself on this thread so we can get to know you
Editing your public counselling listing:
- Read our listing agreement before completing your listing details.
- Log into your account using the Log In green button in the top right corner of the site to edit your directory listing or click here.
- Go to My Directory Listings to edit your listing.
- Upload your professional photo and add your bio and social media accounts on the Edit Account page.
- Make sure you save all your changes.
- Send us your association registration and insurance documents so we can verify you as a registered counsellor.
- Once we receive your documents and can verify your credentials and you have completed your listing details, we will publish your profile.
- Log into My Account in the top right of the site at any time to edit your profile.
Please note: Your account will remain in moderation until it is complete. Once you have completed your profile and we have verified you as a registered counsellor with valid insurance, we will immediately publish your profile live to the site.
What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept PayPal or you can pay using a credit card with Stripe. Both payment options are at the checkout.
We can also take a credit card payment over the phone or send you an invoice with bank details if you prefer. Please call us on (02) 80006 1149 for these options.
Will I be able to update my profile information after signing up?
Yes. You can edit your profile as many times as you want. Just log in by clicking the green Log In button in the top right hand corner of the site. Then click My Directory Listings in the drop down menu under your name in the top right corner of the site. Click on the listing you want to edit and then make the changes you want. Make sure you save your changes.
How long will it take for my public counselling listing to be published?
We generally publish your profile within 24 hours once you have completed your profile and we have verified you as a registered counsellor.
How will people find my profile in your directory?
Visitors to the site search for counsellors either by location using postcode, suburb, town or city, or using a filter search. Filter search options includes language, counsellor name, areas of practice or therapeutic approach.
Will my subscription automatically renew?
No. We believe that you should decide if the site is working for you and your business, so you decide if you want to renew your annual subscription. We will send you a reminder 4-6 weeks before your subscription has expired and it is your responsibility to renew. Counselling listings that are not renewed will be deleted from the directory and community access will be revoked. If your listing is deleted, you will need to create your listing again from the beginning and pay the fee at the time you renew.
What is your refund policy?
Your satisfaction is our highest priority. Please read our refund policy here, but if you are not completely satisfied for any reason within 30 days of your membership payment, simply contact us and let us know you wish to cancel your subscription. Your full payment will be promptly refunded.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us through our contact page.
Do you increase your yearly listing fees?
Our policy is to NEVER increase your listing fees as long as you remain a continuous member of Australia Counselling. Whatever fee you paid to enter the directory will remain unchanged as long as you continue to renew your account from year-to-year.
If you leave Australia Counselling and return at a later date, you will need to pay the current fee to rejoin. We regularly raise our membership fees, so we recommend you remain a member to lock in your current membership fee.
How is your directory different from Good Therapy and other therapy listing sites?
Australia Counselling is the only membership site in Australia where we provide ongoing training in business development, marketing training and networking with your peers, as well as a listing in our high-ranking directory. At Australia Counselling, we pride ourselves in being a stand-out, current and relevant counselling directory and membership site.
Australia Counselling is using some of the latest advancements in website development and Internet know-how, to make sure that our directory becomes the number one website where Australians will go to find a counsellor. We care about the visitor to our site having a user-friendly experience searching for a counsellor, and for the counsellor to get the best possible value from their counselling listing.
Your profile is different in several ways:
- You can add a book online button so clients can book with you through your profile.
- We don’t limit your word count to a small box where you can never write enough content. You can describe your services fully using our 500 word count on your profile.
- We offer ongoing support and training for the marketing of your counselling services- skills they never taught you in University.
- We have an ever-expanding library of mental health articles for the public to read and then connect with your profile.
- We promote your public and professional development workshops for free.
- Our social media strategy means that Australia Counselling is constantly being placed front-and-centre to the Australian public, looking for your services.
- We are an authority site dedicated to counsellors, psychotherapists, psychologists and social workers, so your profile is not mixed up with other alternative healthcare practitioners.
- You can access premium content as part of your membership, which includes access to professional development presentations and exclusive marketing information that can’t be found elsewhere online.
What should I know before listing my practice on the site?