Who is this workshop for?
- Are you feeling frustrated because more and more of your clients have complex needs and they are so reactive or shut down it is challenging to do any therapy with them?
- Do you keep hearing you need to keep your client within their ‘window of tolerance’ but you don’t know how?
- Do you want some simple, easy skills that work quickly and that clients will love to do?
- To understand and be able to explain the fight/flight/freeze response & its impact on the brain and body, and how your client got stuck in one or all places
- How being stuck in this survival response loop or ‘drama spiral’ prevents optimal functioning and reinforces trauma reenactments
- How to easily de-pathologise your clients symptoms & engage their curiosity and buy-in to therapy, and help them onto the ‘healing spiral’.
- How you can manage your own nervous system to avoid burn-out, compassion fatigue & provide ‘scaffolding’ for your clients nervous system to improve attachment issues
- How to use simple language explaining the Polyvagal System, and how to support your client to return to social engagement where they feel able to connect with others and can really benefit from therapy.
- Facilitate an understanding of the nature of trauma & the effects of prolonged stress on the body, mind, perception & behaviour
- Facilitate the therapeutic process with client staying in present day time, preventing regressive states & re-truamatisation
- To minimise dissociation and/or overwhelming abreaction, facilitate clients to stay within their ‘window of tolerance”, and remain willing participants in therapy, leading to less premature termination by clients.
Saturday 10th August 9.30am – 5pm
Sunday 11th August 9.30am – 5pm
Location of Event:
719 Military Road, Mosman, 2088
Early bird price: $545 before July 1st,
$595 after July 1st.