Professional Development for Mental Health Practitioners with Dr Trisha Stratford Ph.D & Jodie Gale MA.
An educational, practical and experiential workshop for developing clinical skills, tools and personal and spiritual insight.
About the Fundamentals of Psychosynthesis
Research shows that working with spiritual levels of consciousness is linked with better psychological health outcomes. This course is an introduction to the fundamental methodology and models of psychosynthesis as an integrative, holistic and psycho-spiritual model of mental health and well-being.
The Fundamentals of Psychosynthesis is for psychologists, social workers, counsellors, psychotherapists, mental health workers, life-coaches, nurses and alternative health practitioners who wish to add depth, meaning and neuro-psycho-spiritual understanding to their current discipline.
Neuroscience and psychosynthesis
Research shows that the common change factor in all therapeutic models is the therapeutic relationship. This workshop will show how the therapeutic alliance exists at a neurophysiological level and the importance of building spiritual empathy. You will learn that the six dimensions of the emotional brain have identifiable pathways or circuits in the brain and how they can be worked with in a spiritual way in therapy.
This three-day workshop will be a combination of theory and experiential exercises with techniques to facilitate self-realization including: guided imagery, symbolic artwork, journaling, meditation, mindfulness techniques and small and large group work.
The Fundamentals of Psychosynthesis will provide you with a clear and cohesive framework for counselling clients who present with both psychological and spiritual issues. It is also an opportunity to enrich and deepen your own personal and spiritual journey.
Benefits and learning outcomes
- spiritual levels of consciousness and the relevance to practitioners
- working with the whole psyche: the past (pre-personal), the present (personal) and the potential inherent within (transpersonal/Spiritual)
- working at deeper, broader and higher levels of awareness with your clients
- balancing and integrating body, feelings, mind and soul/Spirit
- recognition and harmonisation of subpersonalities: the parts and the whole
- disidentification from the parts and identification with self/Self and wholeness
- to see with bifocal vision: the personal and the spiritual
- how to work with both personal and spiritual crises
- facilitation of Self realisation and spiritual awakening
- the processes of personal and transpersonal will
- the relationship between I-Thou-and the universal whole
- creative Self-expression and the act of willing
- neuroscience, spiritual empathy and psychosynthesis
Book your place for the Sydney workshop now!
Dates and Times:
Friday 21 November 9.00-7.30pm
Saturday 22 November 9.00-7.30pm
Sunday 23 November 9.00- 5pm
The Awareness Institute
Suite 1/20 Clarke St
Crows Nest NSW 2065
Early Bird $595.00 until 21 September, $695 thereafter
Click here to email or call 0431 878 858.
For more detailed information:
About the course facilitators
Jodie Gale MA. has a MA. Psychosynthesis Psychotherapy, Dip. Psychotherapy, Dip, Psych. Therapeutic Counselling, B. Social Work, Cert IV Training & Assessment, CMCAPA, ARCAP Reg, PACFA Reg. Jodie trained at the Institute of Psychosynthesis in London and has over 15 years experience in psychosynthesis theory and practice. She is a leading specialist in the field of addiction, eating disorders and women’s emotional, psychological and spiritual health and well-being.
Dr Trisha Stratford PhD. has a PhD. Neuropsychotherapy, MA. Psychotherapy, MA. Counselling, Dip. Psychosynthesis Psychotherapy, Dip. Mediation, AABCAP, PACFA Reg. Trisha trained at the Institute of Psychosynthesis in New Zealand and has over 20 years in clinical, teaching and supervision experience. She is interested in researching levels of consciousness and proved in her research, the relationship between client and therapist exists at a neurophysiological level.