In this podcast , Australia Counselling member Gabrielle Gawne-Kelnar discusses how to use blogging to cultivate your own unique voice and spread your message to your community.
Blogging for therapists is a powerful way to broadcast your message, reach new clients, and establish your expertise in your niche.
Blogging uses the power of the internet, social sharing, and engagement to help you build your authority and get known by new audiences
Gabrielle also discusses:
- How she came to be a writer and blogger on one of the worlds biggest psychology blogs www.psychcentral.com
- How to generate ideas and content for your blog
- How blogging is different from clinical writing that is peer reviewed or written for other professionals and what conventions need to be challenged in blogging
- The results, outcomes and opportunities that can come about from being a blogger
- The relationship between blogging and clinical work and how they can influence each other
- Tips for therapists who are considering starting a blog, but are nervous about starting
- How to deal with any ethical issues, such as clients-past or present- commenting on your blog or contacting you on social media
Listen to the audio above, listen on SoundCloud, or subscribe in iTunes or Stitcher Radio.