I share 5 lessons that I learned about how to build a thriving private practice without offering Medicare rebates or health fund rebates.
This podcast was inspired by an article I wrote called : 5 Lessons in How to Create a Profitable Private Practice Without Medicare Rebates, which stirred up quite a response.
Many therapists I speak to don’t want to be part of the Better Access Scheme because they are not interested in working from a model of brief therapy, as well as manage all the paperwork and admin that goes with the Better Access Scheme.
The 5 lessons I learned are:
- You need to choose a niche for marketing purposes and have a solid marketing plan
- Creating a profitable private practice is hard work. Really hard.
- You must take consistent action every single week to make progress
- You must invest in your counselling business to make money
- Marketing is not a one-time event- it’s for the life of your business
Listen to the audio above, or listen on SoundCloud, or subscribe in iTunes or Stitcher Radio.