Email marketing is a powerful form of marketing because it helps your readers to know, like and trust you over time.
An email newsletter is a great way for therapists to stay in touch with prospective clients as well as build your email list.
However many therapists are still not using this effective medium to long-term marketing strategy as part of their marketing plan.
In this podcast I cover the most important things you need to know to get started with an email newsletter for your therapy practice.
In this podcast I discuss:
- Why have an email newsletter?
- The importance of choosing a topic for your email newsletter
- Why you need to decide on a publishing schedule
- Email marketing software recommendations
- Email marketing templates – why mobile responsive is critical
- How to find content ideas for your newsletter
- How to structure your email newsletter
- Additional links and resources to include in your newsletter
- How to start capturing leads for your newsletter
- Thank you pages and final welcome emails
- Advanced email newsletter tips
- The value of getting help and outsourcing parts of your email newsletter
Links and resources mentioned in this podcast:
- Join Australia Counselling – member forum launching July 1, 2015
- Get Response
- Constant Contact
- Rethinking Infidelity – An example of using curated content for your newsletter
- Relationship Matters Newsletter – example of mobile responsive email newsletter template
- https://clintonpower.com.au – opt-in to newsletter to see sequence of emails
- 31 Days to Build a Better Relationship: Kindle eBook by Clinton Power
- The Premarital Counselling Workbook for Couples by Lisa Kift – example of affiliate product
- The Marriage Refresher Workbook for Couples by Lisa Kift – example of affiliate product
- 10 Questions to Ask a Therapist Before Making an Appointment -pop-up opt-in on Australia Counselling
- LeadPages – landing page and opt-in software
- 5 Ethical Practice Building Strategies for Counsellors – example of LeadPages landing page
- The Australia Counselling Podcast – leave us a review and feedback
Listen to the audio with the player at the top of this post, or listen on SoundCloud, Stitcher Radio, or subscribe in iTunes.