Are you a therapist or mental health professional who wants to find more clients and grow your profile?
De-mystifying PR and social media is an effective and powerful way to accomplish this and position yourself as a recognised expert.
In this podcast, we speak with Catriona Pollard, who is a PR and Social Media expert who is regularly featured in BRW, SkyNews, SmartCompany and other mainstream media, as well as being an in-demand speaker in Australia and overseas.
In this episode we discuss:
- What is PR and why do we need it?
- Can a business do well without social media?
- The importance of figuring out your ‘why’ before starting.
- What is a personal brand and does everyone have one?
- How to decide which social media networks to start with so you don’t get overwhelmed.
- How to build relationships with journalists.
- What happens to your business when you start getting noticed by the media.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- CP Communications
- Public Relations Sydney
- Social Media Sydney
- From Unknown to Expert Website
- From Unknown To Expert – paperback book on Amazon
- From Unknown To Expert – Kindle version
- Australia Counselling membership – Join Australia Counselling to promote your private practice
About Catriona Pollard:
She founded CP Communications in 2001, after working in federal and state government, in-house and agency PR roles.
A popular speaker and trainer, Catriona has over 20 years’ experience in developing public relations and social media strategies that engage both consumers and businesses.
She has developed and implemented strategies for hundreds of organisations including Hilton Australasia, Macquarie University, Lego and City of Sydney.
Catriona is the author, ‘From Unknown To Expert’, a step-by-step process for growing your profile and expanding your influence by becoming a recognised expert in your field using PR and Social Media. In her book she shares her story about how she moved from being relatively unknown to a recognised expert. She also shares trade secrets and techniques that can help to build reputation, increase sales and enable new career opportunities.
Catriona is a strong believer in the power of social media, and an early adopter with many proven successes. She is regularly featured in the media and welcomes inquiries from journalists and conference organisers. You can read about her media coverage here.
Listen to the audio above, listen on SoundCloud, Stitcher Radio, or subscribe in iTunes.