When it comes to working as a therapist in private practice, it’s sometimes challenging only trading dollar for hours.
The downside of working in private practice as a therapist is you don’t get paid if you’re sick, take holidays or need to decrease your client load.
This is where multiple streams of income can be enormously helpful in increasing your overall revenue and support your income when you’re not seeing clients.
U.S. therapist Mari A. Lee has had some great success with creating digital products and has built a practice that is built on multiple streams of income.
She is passionate about this business model for therapists as a way to share your knowledge with the world while working less hours in your practice.
In this interview Mari shares:
- Why therapists should consider multiple streams of income.
- Some of the multiple streams of income that are suitable for therapists
- The successes she has had with creating multiple streams of income.
- What to consider if you want to get started with digital products.
- Tips for therapists who want to create online products.
- The most common fears that stop therapists from creating online products
- How to promote your digital product once it’s finished.
- What to watch out for when it comes to creating online products.
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- The Top 10 Australia Counselling Podcasts of 2014
- The Foundations of Well-Being – A year-long experiential program with Dr Rick Hanson
- The Creative Clinician eBook – by Mari A. Lee
- Facing Heartbreak: Steps to Recovery for Partners of Sex Addicts – paperback book on Amazon by Mari A. Lee
- MariLeeTherapy.com – Mari A. Lee’s website
About Mari A. Lee:
Mari A. Lee, LMFT, CSAT-S is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, and a Certified Sex Addiction Therapist and Supervisor. Mari is recognized nationally and internationally for her ground breaking clinical work with spouses and partners of sex addicts, as well as her work with male and female sex, love and pornography addicts. She is the founder of Growth Counseling Services, a private practice recovery center located in Glendora, California.
Additionally, Mari is the co-author of the 5 star Amazon reviewed book, “Facing Heartbreak: Steps to Recovery for Partners of Sex Addicts.” She is also the author of, “The Creative Clinician: Exercises and Activities for Clients and Group Therapy”, and a contributing author to, “Behavioral Addictions: Criteria, Evidence and Treatment.”
Mari is a popular speaker and presents nationally on the topic of sex and love addiction, partner’s trauma, women’s issues, and facilitates one day training events for therapists and healing professionals, as well as women’s and couples healing workshops Additionally, supporting other therapists in creating multiple income streams and developing a niche that brings joy and abundance, while leaving burnout and fear behind is a passion for Mari as well.
For further information, or if you are interested in hiring Mari as a speaker or presenter for your organization or event, or if you would like to interview Mari for your TV, radio, or podcast show, please visit: www.marileetherapy.com, or you may contact Mari directly via phone at 818.521.4370, or email her by clicking here.
Listen to the audio with the player at the top of this post, or listen on SoundCloud, Stitcher Radio, or subscribe in iTunes.