Outsourcing is a powerful and cost-effective way to build your counselling practice without having to invest countless hours in administrative tasks. Outsourcing allows you to focus on the most important parts of your business, such as working with clients and building relationships with networking with other healthcare professionals.
Outsourcing is no different from having another professional working for your business, except that the professional often lives in another country and costs a lot less than using local professionals.
James Burgin works in the natural healthcare field and uses outsourcing as a core business-building strategy.
In this interview, James discusses:
- Why your therapy businesses should consider outsourcing
- Some of the most common myths about outsourcing
- The benefits of outsourcing in your therapy business
- Concerns about issues like client confidentiality and sharing business information
- How to find virtual staff for your therapy business
- How to manage the interview process to find the right professional for your practice
- How to deal with problems that may arise with your virtual team members
- Tips for those considering outsourcing and are wanting to get started
Links and resources mentioned in this podcast:
- OfficeHQ: An Australian company for answering your phone and making appointments.
- Full Slate: Online appointment scheduling that can be linked with a outsourced answering service like OfficeHQ
- Cliniko: Practice management software
- oDesk: Website for finding outsourcing professionals
- Fiverr: Find someone to do tasks for $5
- Freelancer: Online site to find freelancers
- BrandWithin: The company of James Burgin
- Australia Counselling membership – Join Australia Counselling to promote your private practice
About James Burgin:
James Burgin has practiced as a naturopath and natural health marketer for over 20 years. He has built multiple businesses and has taught 1000’s of professionals and practitioners in the ever-evolving field of wellbeing and healthcare marketing. He continues to share his passion for natural health and has an enthusiastic interest in how to use new technologies and online marketing methods to reach more people. Through his business Brandwithin, he now consults to practitioners and small businesses as well as being the marketing guy at the successful vitamin and health food retailer, Mr Vitamins in Chatswood, Sydney. Contact James via Brandwithin.com or via email.
Listen to the audio above, listen on SoundCloud, Sticher Radio, or subscribe in iTunes.