Most people experience shock at one time or another in their life and a great majority of people are in shock on a daily basis.
Shock may begin early in life and then build up as life’s stresses increase, or it may result from a sudden traumatic event.
When shock is not treated, it can lead to serious illness and health issues, dysfunctional relationships and addictions to sugar, alcohol and drugs.
Diane Zimberoff and David Hartman are a husband and wife team of psychotherapists with over 30 years experience in helping people heal the shock and trauma in their lives. They are also the authors of the best-selling book: Overcoming Shock: Healing the Traumatised Mind and Heart.
In this interview, Diane and David discuss:
- what is shock and the physiological response to shock
- the relationship between shock and trauma
- how shock impacts our well-being
- the relationship between shock and addictions
- how relationships are impacted by shock and trauma and how shock contributes to domestic violence
- how we can help our clients heal the shock in their lives
- the significance of The Wellness Institute and the Heart-Centered Hypnotherapy method
- why using hypnotherapy so important in treating shock and trauma
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Overcoming Shock: Healing the Traumatised Mind and Heart by Diane Zimberoff and David Hartman
- The Wellness Institute Website: http://www.wellness-institute.org/
- The Wellness Institute Blog: http://web.wellness-institute.org/blog
- The Wellness Institute on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Wellnessinstitute
- Follow the Wellness Institute on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheWellness
- Connect with The Wellness Institute on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-wellness-institute
- The Wellness Institute Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/wellnessinstitute
Buy their best-selling book on Amazon now:
About Diane Zimberoff and David Hartman:
Diane Zimberoff, LMFT, MCHT,is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), with clinical specialties in addiction recovery, Mind-Body-Spirit healing, codependency, and energy healing. She is a Master Clinical Hypnotherapy Trainer and originator of the Heart-Centered Hypnotherapy® model of healing. Her TRIM-LIFE® model for conscious weight release is being used exclusively at the Cleveland Clinic’s Center for Integrative Medicine. Along with her husband, David Hartman, Diane is the co-founder of The Wellness Institute, an internationally recognised professional training organisation, offering the highest quality hypnotherapy certification training to social workers, psychotherapists, integrative medicine professionals and many others. Diane and David have over 30 years experience and thousands of graduates throughout Asia, Europe, Africa, the Middle East and the United States. Find out more at their website http://www.wellness-institute.org/
Listen to the audio with the player at the top of this post, or listen on SoundCloud, Stitcher Radio, or subscribe in iTunes.