For the 100th and final episode The Australia Counselling Podcast, we invited psychotherapist Bill O’Hanlon back, who had one of the most downloaded episodes of all 100 episodes.
Bill’s solution-oriented approach is a powerful approach to working with clients that can help discover their own abilities and dissolve their resistance to change.
- how he came to create the Solution-Oriented Approach.
- the basic premises of the Solution-Oriented Approach
- some of the methods used in the Solution-Oriented Approach
- the difference between Solution-Focused Therapy or Solution-Focused Brief Therapy and the Solution-Oriented Approach
- how this approach combines with hypnosis.
The premises of his solution-oriented approach are:
- people have resources, strengths, abilities and solutions they may not be aware of
- what you focus on tends to expand
- people are more than their diagnosis
- focus on the present towards the future
Links and resources mentioned in this episode
- Love is a Verb – Bill O’Hanlon
- Quick Steps to Resolving Trauma – Bill O’Hanlon
- Sign up for Bill’s free PDF handouts: www.thesolutionapproach.com/Course/free
About Bill O’Hanlon
Bill O’Hanlon, MS, LMFT, has authored or co-authored 36 books, the latest being Out of the Blue: Six Non-Medication Ways to Relieve Depression (W.W. Norton, April 2014). He has published over 60 articles or book chapters. His books have been translated into 16 languages. He has appeared on Oprah (with his book Do One Thing Different), The Today Show, and a variety of other television and radio programs. Since 1977, Bill has given over 3000 talks around the world. Bill is a Licensed Mental Health Professional, Certified Professional Counselor, and a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. Find out more about Bill at his websites at www.billohanlon.com