It seems that affairs and infidelity are on the rise, particularly with the rise of websites like Ashley Madison, which has the tagline “Life is Short. Have an Affair.” And the recent hacking of Ashley Madison has brought the topic of affairs and infidelity back into the spotlight.
So we spoke to Dr. Tammy Nelson, who is a sex and relationship expert, an international speaker, an author and a licensed psychotherapist who has written extensively about infidelity and what she calls the “continuum of monogamy.”
In this episode Tammy discusses:
- Her thoughts on why affairs and infidelity are on the rise
- Whether couples can recover from an affair
- What is “the new monogamy” and how it can apply to any couple
- What is “erotic recovery” and why it’s essential for couples who want to recover from infidelity
- Questions to ask partners to help them understand the affair and start to heal
- How to help partners look at their monogamy and redefine their monogamy
- One thing couples can do today to prevent an affair or change their sex life
- Open marriages: can they really work? Or is an open marriage a recipe for disaster?
- What heterosexual couples learn from gay couples when it comes to open relationships
- Join The Ask Juliet & Clinton Show free members program – marketing support for therapists and natural health businesses
- Ashley Madison website hacked – story on ABC
- The New Monogamy; Redefining Your Relationship After Infidelity – by Dr Tammy Nelson
- Getting the Sex You Want; Shed Your Inhibitions and Reach New Heights of Passion Together – by Dr Tammy Nelson
- Dr Tammy Nelson’s website
- Dr Tammy Nelson’s blog
- Email Dr Tammy Nelson to get a free excerpt from Tammy’s book The New Monogamy with question on how to negotiate your monogamous agreement.
About Dr Tammy Nelson
Listen to the audio with the player at the top of this post, or listen on SoundCloud, Stitcher Radio, or subscribe in iTunes.