Have you ever thought about how you could use your knowledge of psychology, psychotherapy and counselling to create products that could earn you a passive income?
Writing an eBook is the perfect way to create an additional income stream for your therapy practice. Not only can your eBook reach audiences across the world you could never impact or help through your local therapy practice, but you can also start to receive a regular income from the sale of your information product.
Californian therapist Lisa Kift is a marriage and family therapist who has been a trailblazer in this area. She has had enormous success creating information products that have helped countless individuals and couples across the world. She has added an additional revenue stream to her practice, as well as used the power of affiliate marketing to have other people sell her information products on her behalf.
In this episode Lisa shares:
- Why she decided to create online products in the form of eBooks
- How to decide what to write about
- Her strategy for creating and selling her eBooks
- How to decide whether to sell your eBook through your website or on Amazon
- The benefits and results you can have from writing a eBook
- The software she uses to sell her eBooks all over the world
- Tips and advice for therapists who have never written an ebook but want to get started
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Love and Life Toolbox – Lisa’s website
- The Toolbox Store– where she sells her information products and the products of other therapists
- The Pre-Marital Counselling Workbook -example of an affiliate sales page
- The Marriage Refresher Workbook -example of an affiliate sales page
- e-junkie – website for selling your eBooks and managing affiliates
- 31 Days to Build a Better Relationship – eBook by Clinton Power
- Australia Counselling membership – Join Australia Counselling to promote your private practice
Additional eBook resources:
- Gumroad – software for selling digital products through your website
- PressBooks – software for book publishing on Amazon and other platforms
- How to create and publish a Kindle eBook in less than 30 days – Australia Counselling webinar
About Lisa Kift
Lisa Brookes Kift is the founder of Love and Life Toolbox and creator of Therapy-at-Home Workbooks®, a do-it-yourself, therapist guided, counselling alternative for couples (and soon individuals). She is a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) in private practice working with individuals and couples in Marin County, California. Lisa has written extensively about topics related to marriage, relationship and emotional health Visit her site at www.loveandlifetoolbox.com
Listen to the audio with the player at the top of this post, or listen on SoundCloud, Stitcher Radio, or subscribe in iTunes.