The pre-conference workshops will include 4 workshops designed to augment and enhance knowledge for sex therapists, sexual health counsellors, general practitioners and sex educators.
Some topics which will be covered are:
- Working with Sex Offenders: The Good Life Model.
- Using Hypnosis in Sex Therapy.
- Sex Therapy for Seniors and Working with Premature Ejaculation.
Our highly qualified presenters will expand on existing knowledge while introducing new and innovative concepts.
The conference will be held on Saturday 15 November and will be a full day of informative and educational talks from respected sexual health communities.
The keynote speaker, internationally acclaimed Dr Rosie King, will be presenting about sex and relationships and her extensive experience in the sexual health industry. Dr Rosie King attracts respect and admiration in the sexual health industry, ensuring our delegates will experience a unique and strongly educational conference.
Augmented by doctors, professors and prominent sexual health therapists, the conference speakers will cover an array of relevant and significant topics. Some of the topics include:
- Dr Marcus Squirrel talking about the Secret Sex Lives: Swinging, Porn and Cybersex;
- Tonya Gabriel-Brennagh speaking on the Vicarious Traumatisation of Sexual Assault Counsellors;
- Brett McCann speaking about Internalised Homophobia: What We Least Expect from our Gay and Lesbian Clients;
- Dr Chris Love covering Penile Implants: When, Why and How;
- Dr Eva Jackson on Dealing with Vaginal Discharge; and
- Christina Taylor on Dealing with Mature Clients in Sex Therapy.
The expert panel will be discussing New Horizons in Australian Sex Therapy with an opportunity for questions.
This event will be highly educational with a slant towards networking and working together. The conference aims to bring sexual health professionals together for the purpose of support and inclusion.
14 November 2014 – Pre-conference workshops
15 November 2014 – AISHM 2014 Conference
Rydges Hotel Melbourne
186 Exhibition Street
Professional Development Accreditation:
AISHM accredits the pre-conference workshops at 2 points per workshop (8 points for the whole day.)
AISHM accredits the conference at 8 points for the whole day.
Please contact your relevant governing body for confirmation to receive PD points.
Visit the AISHM website
Contact Gia Ravazzotti