Australia Counselling recently spoke to Geelong Counsellor and Australia Counselling member Colleen Morris about her private practice and how she was able to grow her practice from a small therapy business that primarily offered low-cost counselling services to a thriving practice in the heart of the Geelong CBD that is booked out up to two weeks in advance.
In this 30-minute interview, Colleen shares:
- what marketing activities made the biggest difference to her practice
- how she transitioned from low-cost services to full-fee paying clients
- how her website now brings her a steady stream of clients from online
- how she has successfully used blogging to attract new clients
- how she is using social media to connect with her local community
- her community marketing strategy for reaching out to local businesses
- how she is using the Internet to capture new leads and build relationships online
This is an inspiring story of how in today’s climate of no rebates for counsellors and therapists from Medicare or private health funds, it’s still possible to grow a successful counselling practice.
Please add your comments or questions in the box below.